There are scams in every industry, including the roofing industry. While pyramid get-rich-quick schemes and dangerous diet programs are common, there are other less-suspecting schemes on the market. These scams include storm chaser roofers. The experienced and honest roofing contractors at DeKalb Roofing Company want to show you the importance of carefully choosing a roofing company, and how to avoid potential scams.
What are “Storm Chaser Roofers?”
Storm chaser roofers are seemingly legitimate roofing contractors that move into your neighborhood right after a serious storm that has caused significant damage to surrounding homes.
These roofers will approach you with apparently good intentions. They will offer roof repairs at bargain prices, and portray a facade of compassion. They will likely “understand your situation” and “offer to help at a low cost.”
Don’t trust these roofers!
Storm chaser roofers do one of two things. They will:
- Start the job and fail to finish
- Provide low-quality work
How Can I Identify a Storm Chaser Roofer?
Identifying a storm chaser roofer is not tricky if you pay attention to the following indicators. Storm chaser roofers will:
- Move into your neighborhood immediately after a storm
- Ask you for payment up front
How to Tell If A Roofer is Legitimate:
You can tell if a roofer is legitimate by taking the following steps:
- Check local references, specifically for jobs completed in the last 30 days and over 1 year ago.
- Make sure that their local business license has been valid for over 1 year.
- Make sure they are a member of the local Better Business Bureau.
- Make sure they have insurance, including liability and workers compensation.
- Check for written manufacturer warranties.
- Check for written labor warranties.
If you’re looking for roof installation contractors with the credentials to back up their claims, choose DeKalb Roofing Company. These top-notch roofers have over 39 years of experience in the roofing industry, so you know they have the knowledge and expertise to do a superb job.
Call DeKalb Roofing Company today for a free estimate at 404-288-5728.