Have you been living in the same house for the past 30 years, and now you are beginning to wonder whether or not you need to replace your old, leaky roof that’s been giving you headaches lately? If this sounds like your scenario (or close to it!), and you get nervous about your roof whenever a big storm comes your way, maybe it’s time for you to consider opting for a new roof installation for your home.
Signs that you need a new roof
It is always best to hire a roofing contractor to inspect your roof two times throughout the year. When a roofing contractor comes to inspect your roof, there are some signs that they look for to indicate whether or not you need a new roof. Specifically, if they see any of the following roof problems, you might need a new roof:
- Warped or missing shingles
- Loose or deteriorated flashings (pieces of metal or other durable material which deflect the water away from joints or seams)
- A tremendous amount of granules inside of your gutter and/or downspout
- And other warning signs that are alarming to the contractors
The roofing contractors might also ask to inspect the inside of your home to determine if you will need to replace your leaky roof. They will look for specific signs inside of your home, such as:
- Paint that is chipped or cracked (especially on the ceiling)
- Wallpaper that is peeling away
- Plasterboard that is discolored
If any of these signs are evident, they may indicate that you need to get rid of your roof as soon as possible!
Why do roofs leak?
At this point, you might be wondering if you need to replace your roof completely or if you can just get the roof repaired or fixed. Well, in our roofing company’s 39 years of experience, we have seen, first-hand, that a leaky roof can result from:
- Flashings that become damaged or loose
- Damage to just one section of the roof
- Improper roof installation
- Wrong choice of roofing materials and products
- Inappropriate roofing system chosen for the type of building or home you have
Depending on which of these factors are present in regards to your roof, the roofing contractor may suggest either a new roof installation or fixing the roof (eventually you will need a new roof, though).
Are you ready for a new roof?
So if you need to replace your old, leaky roof, you can contact DeKalb Roofing Company for your new roof installation services. We even offer gutter installation, too! Call us today for your free quote!