Do you want to learn more about gutters so that you can keep your home and family safe and protected? Our roofing company will help you understand more about gutter installation, such as how to detect signs that your home needs new gutters.
Does your home need new gutters?
Here are some signs that could mean you need new gutters:
- Clogs or backups—Almost every homeowner knows that gutters clog every now and then, but if you notice that your gutter is clogging a lot, but it’s not due to massive amounts of debris, sticks, or leaves in it, then the clogging can be due to improper alignment of the gutter system. This can be because of improper gutter installation, and can result in severe damage to your roof and home if not quickly and properly fixed.
- Chipped paint—If you notice that the paint on the outside of your gutters is chipping or breaking, this is a sure sign that your gutters will definitely deteriorate in a short amount of time. You should pay special attention to its wear and tear, but if you’d like to play it safe, you may want to schedule your gutter installation appointment soon!
- Rust—You will notice rust in or near any crevices or seams on your gutter. To detect rust, you will have to use a ladder to inspect the gutters up close. If you see rust on the outside, there’s a good chance your gutters are rusting from the inside, too. This means that, within a short period of time, your gutters will break and leak.
- Breaks or fractures—While you are inspecting your gutters for rust, you should also look out for areas where your gutter is breaking. This can cause leaking and further damage if not repaired quickly and properly.
- Water damage—If you see damage to the sides of your house underneath your gutters and downspouts, or on your sidewalks underneath the gutters, then this could mean you have extensive water damage. This can be happening in places where you can’t even see, which means the problem might be a lot more serious than expected. If so, gutters should be replaced very quickly so additional water damage does not transpire.
Come see us for gutter installation services!
If you evaluate these signs, and you decide you need gutter installation services, you can contact us today! When you hire our contractors, you will see that our customer service and craftsmanship are second to none—and that’s been evident throughout the past 39 years that we’ve been in business. Feel free to contact us for your free quote!