You are sitting in your favorite chair in the living room during a heavy thunderstorm, and all of a sudden you hear a dripping sound coming from a nearby room. What a dreaded sound to hear considering you just moved into your new home a few months ago. So now what do you do? Well, if it turns out that you do, indeed, have a leaky roof, our roofing contractors will fix or replace it.
At DeKalb Roofing Company, we want you and your family to always be protected from Mother Nature’s elements. That’s why we offer superb roofing and gutter installation services, including fixing leaky roofs.
What to do when you have a roof leak
If you hear a dripping sound that might alert you to a leak, there are a few things you should do immediately after detecting a roof leak.
- The first thing you should do after hearing the dripping sound is to locate where the sound is coming from. Go to the room or area of the house and determine exactly where the problem is.
- Once the leak is located, clean up the water on the floor first.
- Then you should place a bucket underneath the leak so the water goes inside of it. An extra, useful tip is to place a towel underneath the bucket so that, when the water drips into the bucket, that it doesn’t splash onto the surrounding floor (causing additional floor damage).
- At this point, you should call a professional roofing contractor so they can come to your home as soon as possible. They will be able to complete a thorough inspection of your leaky roof to determine where it is leaking, why it is leaking, and how to repair or replace it.
- The roofing contractor may recommend a new roof if other problems are discovered.
It is important to perform these steps immediately after a roof leak is detected. This will prevent further water damage from occurring to your roof and the surrounding areas where the leak occurs.
Call us to replace your leaky!
When you hire our contractors to fix your leaky roof, you will receive excellent craftsmanship and quality products. We are proud to say that we have been making our customers happy and satisfied for the past 39 years, and we’re ready to make you and your family happy and well protected as well! So if you’d like to take advantage of our roofing and gutter installation services, we encourage you to contact us today for your free quote.