Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home, as it is what protects your home from the elements. Many homeowners tend to forget about their roofs – that is, until there is a problem. We at DeKalb Roofing Company encourage homeowners to be vigilant about having their roofs inspected on a regular basis and to contact a trustworthy roofing company if any issues are found. Here are five signs that it’s time to replace your roof.
1. You notice a leak
- Of course, a leak is one of the most obvious signs that there is a problem. If there is a puddle in your home, don’t delay calling a roofing expert.
- Also be on the lookout for water spots or stains on the ceilings or walls, as these are signs of a leak.
2. The shingles are cracked, curling, or missing
- When shingles are missing, your roof is not protected from the elements. At that point, a leak is bound to occur.
- Curling, bubbling, and/or cracked shingles are warning signs that it’s time to replace or at least repair your roof. It’s important to note that it’s not a good idea to attempt to walk on your roof to evaluate whether your roof needs to be replaced. Cracking shingles are weak, and it is dangerous to walk on a weak roof.
3. The granular on the shingles has worn away
- Asphalt shingles have a granular coating on them, and over time this coating wears away. Once the granular is gone, the shingles are much more susceptible to damage.
- Missing granular on shingles means it is time to replace the shingles. If you are finding a significant amount of granular in your gutters, or if you notice that the granular has worn away, it’s time to contact a roofer.
4. Your roof is sagging
- Roof decking is made of wood, which is susceptible to rotting, warping, and infestation. These issues can cause the roof decking to sag.
- If you notice that an area of your roof appears to be sagging, call a roofing company for an inspection.
5. You spot algae growth or rotting
- Rotting wood and mold growth mean water damage, and water damage means it’s definitely time to call a roofer before you have a serious problem on your hands.
- Algae growth does not cause problems with the roof’s functionality, but it is a cosmetic issue. Many homeowners prefer that their roof be algae-free.
Replacing your roof
- We remove your old roof and quickly get to work installing your new roof.
- We make sure that your yard is left in excellent condition when the job is completed.
Call our Atlanta roofers today
The roofing experts at DeKalb Roofing Company have been helping Atlanta area homeowners keep their roofs in great shape since 1972. When you call DeKalb Roofing Company, you can be sure you are enlisting the help of qualified, trustworthy roofers who will do all they can to provide you with the best service possible. Contact us today for a free estimate.